Google Apps For Education Buckinghamshire
Google for Education includes easy-to-manage, affordable devices like Chromebooks and Android tablets, productivity tools like G Suite for Education with Classroom, and limitless education content in Google Play and the Chrome Web Store. Together these tools help teachers inspire curiosity while students learn better together, wherever they are.
As an approved Google for Education Partner, Your Cloud Works can help your school plan, configure and deploy your free G Suite for Education platform, align applications with your curriculum objectives, meet high security and protection standards, implement device and user management policies, and provide IT support and G Suite help.
Trade up to Google Chromebooks
Google for Education and Intel(R) have worked together to create an iPad trade in programme enabling schools to benefit from huge discounts off the latest Google Chromebooks.
Click below to view our dedicated trade in website and see how much you can save.
G Suite for Education is a free set of communication and collaboration tools that include Gmail, Calendar, Classroom, Docs and more. More than 50 million students, teachers and administrators in schools around the world use G Suite for Education. Many students will use these tools in college and in the workforce – 7 of the 8 Ivy League universities and 5 million businesses use G Suite.
Fast, easy collaboration is what makesG Suite unique. The tools offer real-time editing, powerful sharing controls, and seamless compatibility – a great platform for teamwork in the 21st century.
G Suite for Education is free and without ads. This includes 24×7 online, email and telephone support, an online teacher training centre, as well as syncing and migration tools.
Usable on any device:
Whether your school has laptops, Android tablets, iPads, Macbooks, desktop PCs or any other devices,G Suite will work for you. With G Suite you can work anytime, anywhere, on any device. Offline Gmail and Docs means you don’t always need internet access.
G Suite for Education users own their data. The data schools and students put in is theirs, and, like us, Google believes it should stay that way. They have more than 400 full-time engineers working to protect your information.
Click on the icons for more information…
Chromebooks for Education
Fast. Secure. Affordable.
Chromebooks for Education give students, teachers, and administrators a simple solution for fast and easy-to-manage computing. Chromebooks provide students with access to the web’s vast education and collaboration resources. For the administrators, Chromebooks offer centralised device management and a low total cost of ownership. They work offline as well.
- Educational resources on the web
- Chromebooks are built and optimised for the web. This means that Chromebooks seamlessly integrate with the G Suite tools (available free to schools), web apps in the Chrome Web Store, and of course content across the entire web. Chromebooks even run flash-based educational tools.
- Perfect for the classroom (and beyond)
- Chromebooks improve teaching and learning by eliminating the distraction of technology challenges. They boot in less than 10 seconds and resume instantly – eliminating the typical downtime wasted while traditional computers start up and connect to a network. Applications, school work, and settings are stored securely on the web, so multiple students can use the same Chromebook and still have their own personalised experience when they sign in. Best of all, there is no special training required: if you know how to use a web browser, you know how to use a Chromebook.
- Easy to manage
- With just a few clicks, administrators can update settings for the entire fleet of Chromebooks – whatever the size – pushing or removing web applications and enforcing safe-browsing policies for all users. Automatic updates keep the operating system and applications fresh, with no need for tedious backups, security patches, data migration, or re-imaging. Chromebooks run Chrome OS, from Google, the first commercial operating system designed to protect against the ongoing threat of viruses and malware, which means computers, users, and networks are safer without any manual system maintenance.
Chrome Management Console
Chromebooks have a web-based management console that makes it easy for you to deploy and centrally manage a fleet of Chrome devices and users.
Create user groups. Apply policies, apps, and settings to different sets of users. Group students by grade level or subject. Separate students and faculty.
Pre-install and block apps. Blacklist (block), whitelist, or pre-install apps, extensions and websites.
Track assets. Assign devices to specific students and faculty and get configuration and usage reports.
Manage user access. Control who uses your Chrome devices: prevent outside users from logging in, disable Guest Mode, or designate specific types of users (like teachers) who can sign in to a device.
Control network access. Define network and proxy settings to make it easy for students to get up and running and ensure they’re protected by web filters and firewalls.
Customise user features. Modify student settings like bookmark and app sync across computers, and show some school spirit on your devices with custom Chrome desktop themes.